Monday, July 19, 2010

Roasted Zucchini and Tomato over Angel Hair Pasta

I love simple meatless pasta dishes in the summertime.  I also really like roasting vegetables since it is such a healthy and delicious cooking method.  I had lots of zucchini on hand and also some fresh New Jersey tomatoes and fresh dug garlic from a local farm so I came up with a quick pasta dish. 

I sliced two zucchinis into half moons and cut up two tomatoes into large chunks.  I added two cloves of thinly sliced fresh garlic and tossed the vegetables in olive oil, salt, and pepper.   I roasted the vegetables on a sheet pan at 400 degrees.  When the vegetables were nearly done, I cooked some fresh angel hair pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.  I topped the pasta with the roasted vegetables and deglazed the baking sheet with the reserved pasta water to release any delicious bits stuck on the pan and added it on top of the pasta.  I topped the pasta with fresh chopped basil and crumbled feta cheese.  Easy and delicious!  The only down side was turning on the oven in our seemingly never ending heat wave! 

I am happily on vacation this week.  Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Jen, this looks wonderful and it is a perfect dish for a Meatless Monday. I will have to give it a try. I hope the day treats you well. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect pasta dish. Simple flavors are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - I do something similar throwing in cheese - it just looks so delicious. The tomatoes and zucchini are at its peak - this dish showcases them. Happy vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect pasta dish...easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. Hope you're enjoying vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Jen, this looks delicious and very fulfilling!

    ReplyDelete