Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Best Swiss Chard and Pasta Recipe

I absolutely adored this pasta recipe from Giada De Laurentiis.  It was so easy to make and the flavors worked together beautifully.  I loved the bitterness of the chard combined with the sweet onions and tomatoes, the brininess of the Kalamata olives, the crunch of the pine nuts, and the sharpness of the Romano cheese - perfect!  The recipe calls for whole wheat spaghetti but I had fresh linguine on hand.  I used only one large bunch of Swiss chard and one large onion but otherwise followed the recipe.  I am hoping for Swiss chard in my CSA box again this week and I will happily eat another plate of this delicious pasta!  This pasta is also super healthy and only contains one tablespoon of olive oil. 

Every so often I stop by Casa Di Trevi in Roselle Park, NJ to pick up some fresh pasta.  You can easily pass this place by since it is in a warehouse on the side of a busy four-lane highway.   They are mainly a wholesaler that sells pasta to restaurants and specialty stores but there is a small retail store.  I have tried their fresh cut pastas and homemade ravioli - delicious!  Their fresh linguine was perfect with the Swiss chard recipe. 

11 comments:

  1. Any vegetable/pasta dish will make me happy. We have a little rainbow chard left in the garden, and I think it will be part of dinner tonight..thank you again for this delicious idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pasta certainly looks gorgeous and it is a fantastic way to use chard. You are fortunate to have this type of outlet store so close to home. I'm a bit envious. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the pasta dish... it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. swiss chard has always been my favorite green, we grew it where I grew up, and for some reason I always enjoyed it..it looks great with your pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh i love swiss chard, and of course, pasta, but I've never put them together. This is one to try

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love swiss chard with pasta - I will definitely try this - all the taste sensations at once is irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made a kale and pasta dinner, I could eat this way all the time especially with the fresh pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good! My bro-in-law will be visiting soon and this looks like a dish that I can make that everyone can eat.

    Will have to check out Casa di Trevi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got to try this. It looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Best Swiss Chard and Pasta Recipe. Great photo!Where's the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just click on "pasta recipe" in the first sentence. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete