Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Favorite Potato Salad


My family is very picky about potato salad. My husband hates pickles in his potato salad, my one daughter despises hard boiled eggs, and the other doesn't like a lot of mayo or it to be “pickly.” I don't like raw white onions in mine. No one likes hard potatoes. Yes, we are hard to please when it comes to potato salad! Well, I came across this recipe for Creamy Dijon-Dill Potato Salad and we all loved it! Yes, we all loved it! It is my new favorite potato salad recipe. The only change I made was to use red potatoes since that is what I had in the house. Thank you Dave Lieberman!


Here in NJ we are having a major heat wave - over 90 degrees every day, and it was over 100 yesterday. Even the beach doesn't offer much relief. The grill is our friend, as is the pool! Stay cool!

7 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a delicious salad! Dill sounds like a great addition!

    P.S. I'm dying in this heat wave too! Stay cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potato salad is a great divider! Yours does look scrumptious and I love a combo of Dijon-mayo. Kudos for finding an answer for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a mayo, pickle relish and egg potato salad, I could eat it everyday! This version looks nice with the dill.

    I posted a potato salad today that your family would like, just fresh herbs and a mustard vinaigrette!

    Hope you are staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dill is one of my favorite flavors. I know I'd love this salad. I'm off to search for the recipe. I hope you are staying cool. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dill in my shrimp salad, but it never occurred to me to try it in potato salad. (I do like eggs in mine, though) It always so hard to please everyone isn't it? But you've done it with this recipe!
    Keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every family needs to have a good potato salad recipe. Looks like you found yours.

    In your description about what the family members liked/did not like, I found the only item that I would not have liked would have been too much mayo :-) I was game for all the other ingredients.

    This potato salad that you posted looks really good, and is a step-up from traditional potato salad.

    ReplyDelete