Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mediterranean Frittata

I used the fresh ingredients that I had available and made this delicious frittata this morning. Mediterranean-inspired, healthy and quick. Yes, Jersey tomatoes and basil!

8 farm fresh eggs whisked with a little water
1 tbs. olive oil
3 green onions sliced (white and light green parts only)
1 large tomato chopped
pinch of dried oregano
salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup sliced olives
1/2 cup feta (crumbled)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves

Preheat broiler.
Whisk the eggs and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick oven-proof pan over medium-high heat. Add the green onions, tomatoes, basil, and oregano and saute in the olive oil until cooked down and slightly softened (approx. 3 minutes). Next, add the whisked eggs, stir gently and cook until mostly set (slightly runny on top). Top with crumbled feta and sliced olives. Place pan under the broiler until lightly browned. Watch closely, this will only take a few minutes. Top with some fresh basil and sliced olives for garnish. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!At first I thought I saw a pizza, then I read the recipe and there is no dough. My mouth is drooling. I will have to make this tomorrow for Sunday breakfast, it is fast and easy and best of all, I have all the ingredients! Mostly Organic and My husband's grandparents own a farm outside the city.

    I will coming back for more recipes!

    Greetings from Croatia!

    ReplyDelete