Saturday, August 29, 2009

Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas

I finally lost my battle to the summer cold. I have been fighting it off for about a week. I don't have time to get sick! Too many things that I have to do, or love to do, or I just plain do! Well, I ended up with the worst sinus infection and double ear infection. Ugh! I had my weekend meals planned out but didn't have the energy to cook or do anything else for that matter...

This recipe from Cooking Light was perfect -
A) I had all of the ingredients on hand
B) It was super easy
C) It was spicy - so I could actually taste it
D) Best of all - it was delicious!

The roasted NJ corn was sweet, the goat cheese creamy, and the salsa, spicy - perfect and so easy! Definitely don't skip the fresh cilantro.
Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas - Cooking Light, March 2009

1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 large ear)
2/3 cup (5 ounces) goat cheese, softened
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 1 green onion)
10 tablespoon bottled salsa verde, divided
Cooking spray
Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)


1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; sauté 2 minutes or until browned. Place corn in a small bowl. Add goat cheese to corn; stir until well blended. Divide corn mixture evenly among 4 tortillas; spread to within 1/4 inch of sides. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 tablespoon green onions. Drizzle each with 1 1/2 teaspoons salsa; top with remaining 4 tortillas.
2. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe pan clean with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve with remaining 8 tablespoons salsa."

1 comment:

  1. this sounds great for a light meal, I'm adding you to my blogroll.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete