Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grilled Shrimp with Feta, Cilantro and Lime

I found this fantastic sounding recipe on epicurious.com with all ingredients that I had on hand. I changed it up a little based on the reviews and my personal taste. First, I doubled the recipe, witht the exception of the olive oil (8tbsp. instead of 12.) I also added 1 large chopped tomato - who could resist adding a beautiful NJ tomato at this time of year? I also added 1/4 tsp, crushed red pepper flakes- I always love a touch of heat. I cooked everything on a grill pan and combined with orzo. This was easy and fantastic! Mediterranean - Mexican fusion? Well it works - Enjoy!

Grilled Shrimp with Feta, Cilantro and Lime
As adapted from Bon Appétit
Yield: Serves 4
8 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
6 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
24 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
4 1/2-inch thick red onion slices
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1 large tomato diced
Mix first 3 ingredients and 2 tablespoons cilantro in large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or grill pan. Remove shrimp from marinade. Season shrimp and onions with some of marinade. Grill onions until tender and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Add shrimp to grill; cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Coarsely chop onions. Bring marinade to boil. Mix in onions, chopped tomatoes, cheese and remaining 3 tablespoons cilantro. Spoon onion mixture over shrimp. Mix with cooked orzo. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment