Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dad's Tomato and Favorite Turkey Burgers





What a beautiful tomato! The color is just gorgeous - texture of a big beefsteak but superior taste! Grown by my dad in Belmar, NJ. He brought me his very first ripe one and it was so very good. I served it with *gasp* turkey burgers but these are not just ordinary turkey burgers, they are Martha Stewart's favorite! These are my family's all-time favorite turkey burgers as well. I also made them with the premium ground turkey from Whole Foods. Healthy and really delicious!

Favorite Turkey Burger

Recipe courtesy of Everyday Food (May/June 2003)

Ingredients
Serves 4.

1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (93 percent lean)
1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
FOR GRATES
Oil

Directions
Heat grill to high. In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine ground turkey with Gruyere, scallions, breadcrumbs, mustard, and garlic; season generously with salt and pepper. Gently form mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties.
Lightly oil grill. Place patties on hottest part of grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move patties to cooler part of grill; continue grilling until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes per side.

1 comment:

  1. I've been making turkey burgers, and I've come to love them, and I don't feel guilty. nice Dad to give his daughter his very first ripe tomato!

    ReplyDelete