Monday, August 31, 2009

Baked Egg with Prosciutto and Tomato

I enjoy cooking breakfast at home on Sunday mornings. It's one of my favorite times of the week. Well, I thought this week I would need to pass since I was still feeling super lousy (darn summer cold!). Then I thought - I know- baked eggs! I can handle that! I threw them together and hit the couch until the timer went off. Super easy!

A little effort breakfast dish that looks and tastes really good - Well Mark Bittman's baked egg with prosciutto and tomato fits the bill. Simply butter a ramekin, add a slice of tomato, followed by a slice of prosciutto, a leaf of fresh basil and crack a fresh egg over top. A little salt and fresh ground pepper and you are all set. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until the egg white is set. (approx. 12 minutes per the recipe) Note: mine took a few minutes longer.

1 comment: