Sunday, August 2, 2009

Honey's Sit' N' Eat and Buffalo Chicken Pizza

We were in Philly on Thursday night and were planning on stopping at Soho pizza and getting a slice of buffalo chicken pizza. A guy from work highly recommended it. Well, we ended up having dinner at Honey's Sit' N' Eat - a Texan-Jewish fusion BYO on 4th St. I know Southern and Jewish? Well, let me tell you it is working for them! They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner all day. My husband and I opted for dinner and shared Brisket Frito and Mahi Mahi Tacos. Both were really delicious and the service was super friendly and efficient. They even gave us a giant chocolate chip cookie on the house- so good! All of the desserts are made on premises and looked crazy delicious. Wish I had the camera with me! And best of all - our check came to $25 - hard to beat, especially in the city. We loved our dinner but I still was craving a slice of buffalo chicken pizza - so I made it last night!

I made my basic pizza dough recipe but used hot sauce instead of marinara. Topped with sliced fresh mozzarella cheese, breaded, pan-fried chicken cutlets (sliced into strips) and tossed in hot sauce to coat. I drizzled blue cheese dressing on once the pie was out of the oven. I'll have to check out Soho one day - but this did not disappoint!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/honeys-sit-n-eat-philadelphia


Hot Sauce:
4 tbs. melted butter
2 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Combine together in a sauce pan over low heat.

Chicken:
Place flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs in three separate shallow bowls Coat chicken with flour. Tap off any excess, then dip in the eggs, then the breadcrumbs, being sure to get an even coating. Pan fry in about a 1/2 inch of peanut oil until nicely browned. Drain the chicken on a plate with paper towels. Toss the chicken in the hot sauce to evenly coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment