Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lousy Picture - Great Chicken!

Well, to be honest, this doesn't look that appetizing -but looks can be deceiving!  This quick dinner was inspired by a Jamie Oliver recipe for Crispy and Sticky Chicken Thighs with Squashed New Potatoes and TomatoesI scaled down the amount of chicken to 4 pieces and didn't have cherry tomatoes or new potatoes so I used what I had on hand. The recipe also called for boneless chicken.   The recipe was very adaptable and the flavors were fantastic!  My husband loved it so much that I decided that I must post it regardless of the poor photo.  I loved the simple bright flavors of this dish.  Arugula tossed with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper was the perfect complement to the chicken and vegetables. 

I only had medium sized red potatoes, so I quartered them and boiled until softened in salted water.  I also had bone in chicken thighs, which I seasoned with salt and pepper.  I browned the chicken in a non-stick skillet with a little olive oil while the potatoes were cooking.  I also took two medium sized tomatoes which I boiled for about a minute and peeled once they cooled.  The cooked potatoes, peeled tomatoes (squashed), and browned chicken were all combined on a baking sheet and drizzled with a good amount of extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme leaves.  The sheet pan went into a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.  "Set it and forget it," a la Ron Popeil.   Such simple flavors but truly delicious.  Lovely! 

3 comments:

  1. I think it sounds (and looks) fantastic. I love Jamie Oliver's recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a warming, delicious, and satisfying meal! I really crave meals like this when the weather turns a little chilly!

    ReplyDelete