Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Easy And Delicious Weeknight Shrimp

One of my very favorite and super fast weeknight dinners is Grilled Shrimp with Feta, Cilantro and Lime as adapted from Bon Appetit.  I guarantee that you will love this quick dish!  I marinated a pound of peeled and deveined shrimp in 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup of lime juice, 3 cloves of crushed garlic and 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro.   I sliced one red onion, spooned a little of the marinade from the shrimp overtop and sauteed until softened.  I removed the onions and coarsely chopped them.  Next,  I added the shrimp to the hot pan used for the onions and cook until just done, reserving the marinade.  I combined the shrimp with the red onions, cooked orzo, a chopped tomato (I used an orange heirloom), a nice hunk of imported Greek feta (crumbled).  I brought the remaining marinade to a quick boil, removed the garlic, and poured it over the shrimp, gave it a toss, and added some extra chopped cilantro.  Oh my was this good!  This was on the table in less than 30 minutes.  The original recipe calls for grilling, more olive oil, and no tomato - it was raining so no grill for me!  I could go for this again tonight - yes it was that good!

11 comments:

  1. Nice plump, juicy shrimp and the Feta doesn't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I love all the ingredients...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guarantee you I would love this and I'd eat it again the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was planning on making orzo...here is a great recipe to use! Thanks.

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick is right, Jen. I love it. And what's great about this, is you can add a little bit of whatever's in your fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,
    This is a favorite weeknight meal!
    How can anyone not love shrimp???

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect meal! It looks tasty and filling but still light and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can eat this again and again and again... shrimp, feta - absolutely scrumptious. And I'll even eat it on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been my go to dish for large groups and buffets for years now...only I have never used lime in it. I will sooo have to try it your way.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be a perfect and easy dish for a dinner party when you want something incredible without tons of fuss beforehand. What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete