Thursday, December 24, 2009

Visiting New Jersey


My brother arrived from "The OC" (Orange County, California) on Saturday just in time for the big storm. 22" of snow fell at the Jersey Shore, which is a huge snowfall for this area. After a flight delay and a harried shuttle ride, my husband picked him up at the local shuttle stop which is about 6 miles away. The short drive took 45 minutes each way. When he arrived at my house it was late and we ate junk food. Perfect snowed-in type of TGIFriday's 1980's menu items. Oh, and he downed two Dunkin Donuts upon his arrival at Newark airport (and he's the skinny one!) I can't believe that there are no Dunkin Donuts in California! In fact the closest to him is in Las Vegas. Here in New Jersey, we can't go much more than a mile without stumbling upon a Dunkin Donuts shop! That's kind of scary, now that I think about it! I'm not really a fan - luckily! Well it might be beautiful, sunny and warm in California but who would want to miss a good old fashioned fun and dysfunctional family Christmas with a snowstorm to boot?! Merry Christmas to all! Wishing you all the best for a safe and happy holiday!





Recipe for Mexican Style Shredded Beef in a Crockpot
1 lb. beef cubes
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 chopped onion
1/4 cup salsa verde
1 tablespoon white vinegar

Toss beef cubes in the taco seasoning to coat. Lightly grease the crock pot casserole with vegetable oil. Add the seasoned beef cubes, chopped onion, salsa verde, and vinegar. Cook on low for several hours. Shred with two forks. The beef is perfect for nachos and tacos.

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your snow...I live in upstate New York and we had rain on Christmas! Of course, now there's a light snowfall and it's pretty...but I wish we had snow for Christmas, lol! I hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your brother's pain. We just recently got DD here in Phoenix. And there's still only about 3 in the entire city. I'm from Philly an it's one of the first things I get when I go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crock pot recipes. This one looks great :)

    All of our snow is gone but I am sure that there is more to come.

    ReplyDelete