Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Linguine with Tomatoes, Baby Zucchini & Herbs

My favorite time of the year! NJ tomatoes are finally in season! Nothing in the world like them! The first tomatoes of the season, so beautiful, tears in my eyes... I wanted to make something light and fresh. So, trusty foodandwine.com comes through with a great recipe. Of course, I changed things up a bit to suit my tastes and what I had on hand. I added some sauteed shrimp (sauteed in olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes). I don't like raw garlic and I did not have a red chili on hand. Just what I was in the mood for. I love summer and I love NJ!

Adapted from Food and Wine
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/linguine-with-tomatoes-baby-zucchini-and-herbs

Ingredients
1 pound tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 small red chile, seeded and minced
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
12 ounces linguine
3 baby zucchini, thinly sliced
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving

Directions
In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the basil, parsley, garlic, salt, chile and olive oil.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente; drain well. Add the linguine to the bowl along with the sliced zucchini and toss. Add the 1/4 cup of grated cheese, toss again and serve in bowls, passing more cheese at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment