Friday, July 10, 2009

Homemade Beer Battered Onion Rings

Tonight's dinner - pure comfort food. Grilled sirloin steak , smashed red potatoes, green beans and mushrooms with shallots, and onion rings. Well, healthy kind of went by the wayside tonight but I had red potatoes, green beans, crimini mushrooms, vidalia onions and I picked up a sirloin steak. The weather in NJ has been cool and actually fall-like, especially for July. This kind of meal just seemed fitting and was really good.

The onion rings are so super easy and will rival the best you can get out. It is the kind of recipe that I kind of hate, yet love. Seems semi-homemade-esque. Sorry Sandra Lee but I just never really got your whole food philosophy. Well I digress...

Boxed pancake batter (I used Aunt Jemima)

  • Prepare according to instructions except substitute beer for the milk (how can you go wrong?)
  • Slice vidalia onions thickly
  • Toss in dry pancake mix
  • Next, coat sliced onions in beer batter
  • Fry until golden in vegetable oil

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment