Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fresh Baked Pita


Fresh pita is so very good and really very easy to make. So much better than store bought - I don't think I can go back after having them fresh from the oven. They are perfect with Mediterranean or Middle Eastern sandwich fillings or dips. I made falafel since my husband loves it. Homemade tabbouleh, tahini sauce, and fresh vegetables - mmm...

I followed the recipe on The Fresh Loaf. Step by step directions and pictures make this super easy to follow. The only change I made was to up the oven temperature to 500 degrees. I also used my trusty KitchenAid with the dough hook attachment instead of hand kneading.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed! homemade pita's, they look perfect. I might have to give these a try, thanks for giving me the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete