Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fresh Picked New Jersey Strawberries

Did you know that a serving of fresh strawberries contains 140% of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C? They also contain flavonoids which help lower bad cholesterol. Better yet, they are low in calories and just delicious!  Enjoy them when they are available locally.   These are a few of the ways that I have been enjoying the fresh berries:



Fresh Picked Strawberries from Cedar Hill Farms, Red Hill Road, Middletown, NJ     $5.50/qt.


Sourdough French Toast topped with fresh strawberries - scrumptious! 


Chocolate Covered Strawberries made with Valrhona Dark Chocolate - oh my!


10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous post. That French toast is amazing. Our berries have not yet come in, but in another few weeks we too will be enjoying local berries. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what perfect strawberries. I have been enjoying these NJ beauties too. Your photos are really wonderful and I love the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a month away from strawberry season but am getting itchy now. I can taste their perfect sweetness. If I could just reach across cyberspace...I'd only take one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up fresh strawberries from the farmer's market... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate covered strawberries are my absolute favorite. I am loving all the strawberries from the farmers markets and strawberry patches around where I live. They are the best. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first pic is gorgeous! I need to pick up some fresh berries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me crave French toast now! These pictures really do the strawberries justice and I ma so glad it is strawberry season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain for those berries!
    Going to the Hamptons next week and plan on buying a lot of great local produce for CHEAP!
    I like your new BIG pictures and header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh summer berries are the best! Your photos look amazing. I am loving those strawberries.

    ReplyDelete