Friday, June 4, 2010

Eureka! Farm Fresh Eggs in Monmouth County, NJ

Eggs fresh from a farm are so good!  If you buy supermarket eggs please do yourself a favor and try them from a local farm or farmers market.  You won't be sorry!  The yolks are a deep yellow, and the taste and texture are great.   I used to travel quite far to buy fresh eggs but just discovered a farm right on my way home from work on Red Hill Road in Middletown, NJ.  There is a small, hand painted sign on the side of the road just past the entrance to the Parkway South.  I love traveling back roads - you never know what you will find! 

For years, many have been foregoing the delicious yolks in eggs, hence the ever popular egg white omelets.  I recently read an interesting article in Cooking Light which relieves any guilt associated with enjoying whole eggs.  Eggs are so versatile, nutritious, and delicious - perfect for a meatless Monday! 

9 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than farm fresh eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. Hugs and blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farm fresh eggs are healthy and delicious. Everything in moderation, right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 100%. A friend of mine had at one time a chicken coop in her backyard in orange county and she made a cake; what a cake! the best I ate in my whole life! I realized then and there the importance of fresh eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to the fresh eggs! I agree with you 100%.
    I am amazed at what is available when we start asking. I could not believe the amount of fresh food that surrounds me and I never knew it existed.


    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right and you help the local farmer! Win-win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We get ours from Grandma's farm. My daughter enjoys chasing the chickens around. She can't understand why they won't come to eat corn when she calls them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't even know this existed...will be making the short trip over there to buy eggs very soon. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete