Eat. Live. Be. for a Better 2011 - Challenge Week 2 Topic: Where do you turn for support/community in your healthy goals?
WOW a week has gone by already and here it is week 2 of of the challenge! Last week was very busy as it was back to work after two weeks of vacation! I did manage to start my organizing and used a lot of what I had in the house supplementing with only a quick run for fresh vegetables - no waste! I have been pondering this week's challenge topic and have identified the following sources of support for my healthy goals:
- Bloggers like you! Thank you so much for the comments, emails and general support! You are the best!
- Magazines - I am kind of addicted! Real Simple, Food & Wine, Cooking Light, Everyday Food, Edible Jersey, Whole Living body + soul, Bon Appetit, NJ Monthly... and I love food magazine websites with great search engines... One of my favorites is foodandwine.com. I search "healthy" and "staff favorite" - you can't go wrong! Cooking Light, Everyday Food and Epicurious have great searchable websites as well.
- Perusing healthy cookbooks keeps me on track too. One I recommend is Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.
- Mark Bittman - I find his words very inspiring and I love his sensible approach to healthy eating.
- Family - my family is really supportive of my healthy lifestyle changes. Thank you Matt, Ashley & Cailyn!