Saturday, January 2, 2010

Terrific Turkey Chili

Okay, it is officially time to lighten up! Well I am sort of easing into lightening up (note the large dollops of full fat sour cream, generous sprinkling of cheddar cheese, and the tortilla chips). I have tried many chili recipes but this is the one that I keep returning to. I stumbled upon it quite a few years back on allrecipes.com. It is super easy to throw together and the amount of heat is easily adjusted. It is so tasty and I love that it is made with ground turkey instead of beef. The zucchini is a really nice addition as well. The changes that I make to the original recipe include adding a can of red kidney beans (drained and rinsed), one 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with zesty green chilis instead of crushed tomatoes, and a generous handful of frozen corn. I'm craving another bowl!

4 comments:

  1. I need to find a really good chili recipe and this one looks delicious! Loving the full fat sour cream as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, chili...it looks delicious! I eat mine with cheddar on top and tortilla chips too! (I figure the healthy chili balances it out! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen!
    Hope your Holidays were great!
    This chili looks delicious- perfect for a cold Minnesota night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the changes you made - this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete