Monday, November 1, 2010

PUMPKIN LOVE ~ Creamy Pumpkin Custard

Pumpkin time is upon us!  A time for family, friends and giving thanks.   I was invited by Carmen of Baking is my Zen to participate in a collaborative pumpkin dessert post to celebrate the season.  I was happy to join in and hope that you check out all of the delicious pumpkin desserts that the other bloggers posted.   Enjoy! 

Pumpkin Pie Tamales
"Why should tamales be limited to only dinner... why not dessert?"

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes
"After making fat-free desserts one Thanksgiving, everyone in my family missed the Pumpkin Gooey Butter
Cakes. lt is now a 'must' that I bake this cake for Thanksgiving."

Pumpkin Pots de Creme with Candied Spicy Pecans

"Pumpkin rocks!  Need I say more?"

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

"I got this recipe from Taste of Home and added some extra spices to it. Haven't heard a bad thing about it! Actually, gave it to a friend as a birthday present. And, everyone who tried the cake in his family wrote a note about how much they liked it."

Rebecca of Beurrista
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
"Remembrances of a fun weekend getaway with college girlfriends"

When looking for the pumpkin recipe that I would contribute, I came across this creamy pumpkin custard with rum-raisin compote described as "the texture is somewhere between a creme brulee and a light and airy cheesecake" - adapted from a Gina DePalma recipe - I was sold!

Creamy Pumpkin Custard with Rum-Raisin Compote
Recipe courtesy of Traca Savadogo

12 comments:

  1. Jen,

    Thanks for being a part of the blog post. Your heart shaped dessert is great eye appeal. I've got to try this. Looks wonderful! Thanks my dear blogger friend.

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great round-up of pumpkin recipes, Jen! I've bookmarked some of them. Very interesting to combine raisins with your pumpkin custard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, So many amazing pumpkin recipes! They all look delicious. Many years ago, there was a little Mexican restaurant on Rte 4 in Paramus. They made sweet tamales...we have never forgotten how good their food was...the tamales at the top of this post reminded me.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love creme brulee, I love cheesecake, and I love pumpkin. I'm sure I'll love this dessert. Do you think it would work in a 6 or 9-inch springform pan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, where to start? This is such a great round-up, Jen! I would like one of each I think, starting with the delicious custard you made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina DePalma can do everything. I love them all in truth. But I think I'd start with yours... and work me way through November with all the others (saying thank-you continually).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all that delicious pumpkin...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pumpkin recipes. Can you imagine all of these on a thanksgiving table? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect presentation and the rum raisin compote really takes this cutard over the top..thanks for sharing

    sweetlife

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen

    This is such an appetizing collection! Love'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome recipes! I am madly in love with pumpkins. That pudding looks and sounds divine.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, I know. I've been MIA for months. I can hardly blog but once a week as of late. This collection of pumpkin recipes are ALL fabulous and I wish I could make/taste each and everyone. I've got to go visit and bookmark the recipes All look so good!

    ReplyDelete