This week's Eat. Live. Be. topic is "Creative Ways to Eat all Your Fruits and Veggies".
I love, love, love vegetables and eat plenty each day. Omelets are a great way to incorporate vegetables into breakfast. Big salads, vegetable rich soups and sandwiches loaded with veggies make great lunches. The focus of dinner is usually in-season vegetables with an accompanying protein and starch. I like to add zucchini or eggplant to pasta. Fresh greens like spinach or arugula are also fantastic wilted in pasta. I even like to add greens to my favorite food - pizza! Below is one of my favorite pizza combinations - amazing!
|Basil Pesto, Mozzarella, Goat Cheese, Tomatoes & Arugula|
Getting enough fruit in my diet is slightly more of a challenge to me. Here are some ways that I incorporate fruit into my diet.
- Mix fruit and granola into yogurt.
- Fruit with pancakes, waffles or French toast makes a great weekend breakfast.
- Fruit is also fantastic added into a salad.
- Freeze some grapes - so good!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Freshly squeezed grapefruit or orange juice
- Peanut Butter & Bananas - Matt's favorite not mine!